Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Sucker Puncher Defends Himself. Kind of.

From The Boston Globe:

''What do you mean, 'regret'?" Tavarez said when asked if he was sorry he hit Gathright with a blow to the jaw in the eighth inning of a 12-11 win over the Devil Rays, adding another line to the rap sheet of scrums between these clubs. ''I wish I don't have to [throw a punch], because I'm not here to fight, you know. Little things happen in baseball, you know. No big deal."

Nice guy.

That would be like knocking someone in the knees with a Louisville f'n slugger if they didn't agree with your proposal in a meeting or something. In your defense, you say something like: "Wish I didn't have to do things like that, but it's no big deal." Excuse me, Tavarez, but where is it written that you have to hit someone in the jaw during a game? I'm really disappointed in his behavior, and so early on, too. And if you're Tito, what on earth do you file that under?

4 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

File it under leave him on the bench until the splinters in his ass heal over, causing a massive infection that eventually causes a long painful death. Other than that, I'm not sure how I feel......

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Kim said...

I mean, if you're Francona, what the hell do you do with this? Seriously? It's one thing to engage in a brawl when emotions are high and you've got a season or so of work under your belt. Or if it's one of those one time only time deals (like when Papi threw 2 pieces of that broken bat). But, this guy's got a history of inappropriate behavior.

Time bomb city.

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

You have that right. And I'm afraid that one of our good guys will be hurt in an act of retribution because of this fool in the nice uniform. That's the only good thing I can say about the guy, as of now. Of course, brilliant pitching appearances may skew my current views.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Lock TavarASS in a rubber room & force him to listen to 10 Years worth of Inane Mc Carver Comments.

He'll beg for mercy in no time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home