Monday, July 04, 2005

Happy 4th!


[From left: Stacia feigning anguish, Lyn (doing the Sesame Street character "Captain Breakfast" with her upper lip) and Heather impersonating Mick Jagger. I was in the front seat with Mo, who was driving.]

This was 4th of July 1990. We decided to head up to York, ME for the fireworks. It was a good time - the only negative was a minor disagreement about where and how to park. Stacia and I were overwhelmed with urgency to exit the vehicle, as the fireworks began while we were still looking for a parking spot. I think we overreacted a bit. "There's one! No, there! Right there! You missed it!" Poor Mo was driving and was freaked out with all the shouting. Anyway, it's kind of hard to believe this was a good 15 years ago.

My friend Dan is coming tonight with one of his roommates and possibly some friends from Beverly. We're going to try to catch most of the game before we head out for all the holiday festivities with all the goths and gothettes.

Have a safe one tonight. I trust that you will do your best to avoid the drunken hooligans who surely lurk the country's streets today.

Footnote: Someone should organize a Sox bloggers vs. Yankee bloggers softball game/tournament/best of 5 deal.

4 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be watching from the roof.

PD

 
At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be standing on my balcony, craning my neck to try to see the fireworks in Buffalo.

There is pretty much no chance I'll be able to. Enjoy the fun.

 
At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy 4th to you! turns out, we could see the fireworks from our back room window. :D

--kc

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Kim said...

I got a few ashes in the eye. The smoke was pretty overwhelming, but the scene was good. Twice as many people as last year and the fireworks were better than what I remembered. We even had an orchestra of some kind this time. Oh - and there were fireworks going off in Marblehead, too, so we got to watch them both. It was like picture in picture TV.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home