Monday, May 08, 2006

Thank You and You and You and You

First of all, thanks to all the folks who made it out to my humble little show this weekend. I sold 2 pieces and was commissioned to paint 2 more for a lovely young couple in the 'ville. It was a lot of work, but it really paid off, as the event was a success. It was also a little "This Is Your Life." as people I hadn't seen in ages recognized me on the map and stopped by for a visit. Man, I love Somerville.

I missed yesterday's matchup, but caught the post game which served as the proverbial cherry on top to a perfect weekend. I love sweeps. DiNardo really needed that victory - his first in the majors! And Tek obtaining his second career grand slam was simply marvelous (one lucky gal got to see this in person). I feel pretty confident going into this upcoming series with the Yankees and I am truly excited to watch Beckett pitch against Johnson, who boasts a 5-0 record against the Red Sox. The Yankees have also enjoyed a few recent wins (alright, alright, 5 in a row) and both teams will have had a day's rest going into Tuesday's game, so let's just say it's gonna be interesting.

Side note: I do respect Joe Torre a great deal, and the "general baseball fan" in me congratulates him on his 1000th career win. Personally, I think he deserves higher honors for tolerating Steinbrenner all this time, but that's just me.

Enjoy the night off, everyone!

P.S. Every mid-pitch action shot cracks me up. Like this one of DiNardo:



I'm going to create a silly post about these sometime soon.

6 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Torre is the best there is. Period.

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger The Couch Potato said...

Considering all the managers that have come and gone in the Bronx (rivalled only by Boston, I think), Torre deserves congratulations. I do think he should have kept his mouth shut about Damon's reception, though.

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Cathie said...

for tolerating steinbrenner, or for not getting fired on a whim by steinbrenner...which is more impressive?

;)

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

That looks so much like Beckett, I simply cannot believe it's Lenny.

and yes, the game was marvelous.

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Lenny in that pic looks as if he was about to hurl...he didn't, though. Take care and enjoy the festivities in NYC tonight.

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Sam said...

//I sold 2 pieces and was commissioned to paint 2 more for a lovely young couple in the 'ville.//

!!!!!

Congrats! That kicks wicked ass!

D'you have any images on the magical interweb? Wanna see, wanna seeeeeee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home