Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Messy, Messy, Messy

Well, that didn't go well.

    The pitching gets a C-, at best.
    Were Kaplar and Ortiz the only ones working, offensively (not counting the rally in the 9th)?
    Youk's error in the 8th inning massacre was both rare and awful.
    I've had it with that mascot of theirs who demonstrates the worst sportsmanship imaginable (obviously jealous that we are at opposite poles in the division standing).
    The man screaming behind the plate was way out of control, too. He must have season tickets or something because I hear him shouting during these matchups in Florida a lot (isn't he the guy who used to heckle Damon mercilessly?). How is this allowed? Shouldn't an overzealous a-hole like that get ejected? Especially when it interferes with the game audio!


I just hope that we don't get swept. If so, this series and the one with the Twins would serve as bookends for a very impressive run. And that would be strange.

On a quasi-related note, twice I saw the Classic Moment commercial in which Ted Williams and Joe Cronin's numbers get retired and twice I cried. Gawd, I'm a sap!

2 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Blogger Jere said...

Is the title of this post from the magician in Frosty the Snowman? Cuz he does say it. I think.

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Kim said...

No. And I did not know that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home