Friday, August 19, 2005

You Are Getting Verrrrry Sleepy

I hate watching Bartolo Colon pitch. He kills me with his slow pace. I've got a life to lead, here, Charlie. Let's get on with it. He's got 16 (including last night) freaking wins this year and I swear it's because he beats batters down with his slow-as-snails strategy. I imagine waiting for one of his pitches to be like watching the elevator numbers light up - ever so slowly - as your floor approaches. And then stop for long periods in between.

It was good to see Orlando, once again, even though he "fell down went boom" with a big swing on the 3rd or 4th pitch of one of his at-bats. He made up for this when he reached 3rd (after stealing 2nd) on Mirabelli's weird throw to 2nd and Edgar's inability to field it. Should have left well enough alone, Dougie Fresh. Well, he was driven home anyway, but still.

Millar's new approach, instead of tweaking or adjusting his stance (by now, I imagine he's tried every damn stance known to man, including the Buffalo Stance), is to try "not thinking about it." I guess this was the reason behind his RBI last night. Oh, and he got a new helmet and Trot threw some pine tar on it before the game. Thanks, Uncle Trot!

Wake's MRI came back nega-toid for breaks, which is good news. He's got a deep contusion, but he should be alright. *big sigh of relief*

So, tonight, we face Chris Knight, or Peter Brady (the grown up Peter):


ERA: 3.63
Record: 10-4


ERA: Mid-late 70's
Record: "It's Time to Change" (Most notable because he was the inspiration behind the song.)

Once again, I'll be away for the weekend. Which is why I am working right now. For the weekend.

Enjoy the night games, kiddies. I'll be back on Monday.

5 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to say this, but I think the best thing Millar can do to steady his hands and focus the vision, is to do a shot of his fav. refresher. He's tried most else. And I'm kidding, I hope you realize. I think you do. Take care.

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Jere said...

Either me or you should find nine players that look like the entire Brady clan. (The females might be harder.) And then put their pics into the Brady-grid format.

Then we could find players that look like Cousin Oliver, those three "other" kids and their parents, Sam the Butcher, and Kay.

Then we could find players that look like Wes Farrell, Don Drysdale, Joe Namath, Rosie Greer...oh wait, those already are players. So we've got that goin' for us.

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Sam said...

The resemblance there is terrifyingly accurate. Well done, WCSG. I may never sleep again.

 
At 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn’t it interesting that the actor who played “Sam the Butcher,” Alan Melvin, was the voice of Magilla Gorilla. Speaking of which, why couldn’t Mr. Peebles of Peeble’s pet store just GIVE Magilla Gorilla to Ogee? Just what was that f’n bastard’s problem. And why couldn’t Mr. Peebles sell a gorilla that could talk and dress itself?

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Peter - Kevin's definitely got his work cut out for him. I think a kooky new hair style is in order. Dennis Rodman-like, maybe?

Jere - I am all over this. Good project.

Thanks, Sam. It is scary, indeed.

Anonymous - those are all good points. I will ponder them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home