Thursday, February 23, 2006

Icarus Speaks

I've always likened Steinbrenner to the mythical character, Icarus. Most of you know the tale and the moral of the story. In recent years, he's been flying closer and closer to the sun, and his evil wings have been melting and dropping chunks of wax down on Yankee Stadium like giant wads of bird poop.

His latest public statement is more evidence that he is truly delusional. The BKP (Baseball Karma Police) have duly noted this arrogant new prediction of his. Trust me. Similar to Elaine Benes, I think the BKP have scribed "difficult" on his file.

On a different note - dirtdog is ridiculous today. It's one of those "case in point" type of posts that demonstrate the shallowness and fair weather friendliness that has become his trademark. I don't ordinarily visit, especially since the huge debacle over the summer. Going today reminded me why.

3 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Wow, I commented on Georgie's comments this morning, too, without seeing this post. And I mentioned you also. The mind waves are melding together. Live long and prosper.

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Kim said...

I hope that all mlb teams put up this quote, in some form or another, in their clubhouse. I can't think of better motivation. I heard a rumor that Sheffield's quote during the '04 playoffs (In case you forgot: "They're a walking disaster. They act like they're tough, how they care so much about winning, but it's all a front. They're just a bunch of characters") was used in this manner.

 
At 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I wanted to see if I could send you an email regarding a movie for which I'm doing PR. The film is called "Game6" and the background of the movie is set during Game 6 of the 1986 World Series.

Thanks!
Krissie
Krissie@takeoutMarketing.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home