Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Denial: It's Not Just a Movie Starring Jason Alexander

It did not snow this morning. I could not have snowed this morning - I am wearing little black flats without socks. So, yeah, it was definitely a snow-free morning. On a related note, the Red Sox did not lose to the Rangers in a painful and humiliating fashion last night. Bard did not handle Wake's knuckleball so, um, amateurish-like, Manny wasn't really 0 for 3, and the Rangers didn't really smack us around Alamo-quest park. Right? Right. At least Wily Mo had an awesome debut.

I will miss a good deal of the rubber game tonight as I must present my solution to the historic commission in Salem for the window restoration (see first post about this). In other words, I have to show up and say, in so many words, that the reigning queen of the historic committee/board/wackjobs was "right all along." And I hate to admit it, but she was. Window restoration is effective and a heck of a lot cheaper than replacement. Not to be all George Costanza (Jason gets a second mention in this post - totally without intent), but it's always nice to keep a little dough in your pocket. What steams my clams is that I will miss a good chunk of the game just sitting around this room, breathing in everyone's collective anxiety. Can't think of a better way to spend a Wednesday night. Maybe sticking hot pokers in my eyes?

Beckett deals tonight.

2 Comments:

At 2:20 PM, Blogger Jere said...

Unfortnately, Dunston Checks In IS just a movie starring Jason Alexander.

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Kim said...

And Paul Ruebens!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home