Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Hot Poker in the Eye, Anyone?

Did I just see that? Did that just happen? ANOTHER grand slam for the Twins? This time, off Delcarmen, who I am secretly pulling for (soft spot for the local kid).

So, who are the active bullpen options (apart from the obvious lights out Papelbon)?

Van Buren - Usually pretty reliable, but way to load 'em up for Delcarmen.
Delcarmen - Decent.
Tavarez - Don't talk to me. I'm still pissed about last night.
Seanez - Sorry, not an option anymore, as far as I'm concerned.
Timlin - Still not 100%.
Riske - Are you kidding me?

This is really shaky.

The only good news tonight is that RJ got ejected for hitting a dude an inning after Posada got pelted. I guess that's why he gets paid the big bucks. I'd love to chuck my ballpoint pen at some of the people I work with from time to time, but I don't. I'd get fired.

P.S. You should pay attention to the organ player tonight. He/she plays the normal rally bars, then zings in a little "Smoke on the Water." Is this some kind of mocking technique? Like, it's a blowout anyway, so I'm just gonna mess around on the keys.

3 Comments:

At 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you have got a star starter with an ERA now in Oriole territory. Meanwhile, the Yankees have scored more runs. This says something.

PD

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I wrote about the 'pen and its stats with my morning (Thurs.) post. And now I arrive here for my daily stop[ to see you addressing the same subject. It IS a matter of concern. Worry. Uncertainty. I could go on, but knowing you, I don't need to. Ouch city.

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Kim said...

We definitely have our share of pitching woes. I just think that there is a shortage in the inventory department. I mean, wouldn't we have recieved something better for Riske than Lopez? Maybe the FO tinkering has officially begun. Please, Theo, do something. Resembling anything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home