Friday, June 09, 2006

Random Banter (hey, at least I'm consistent)

Mench (aka Super Bobble) is such a villainous name. Just reeks of "bad guy." Speaking of villains, during the pregame, Tom Caron was joined by Dave McCarty. His hair has become so gangster. No, not gangsta, as in "damn it feels good to be a gangsta." Think Cagney and pin striped suits. Here's the way it is, see? We're going to talk about the starting rotation, see? I mean, who dressed this guy? Did his wife make him wear that get-up and style his hair?



You should know that Waldo's voice in the Hot for Teacher video ("Ah, mom, you know I'm not like other guys. I'm nervous and my socks are too loose") is none other than the late, great Phil Hartman. Empy creates parody McCarty articles every so often on her site and they are very amusing. In fact, she just did one today!

Paddila looks a little like Seanez (minus the go-funny eyes), Same number of syllables, too. Padilla is only 28-years-old. What?! Wowzers, you could have fooled me.

Trot's 3 for 3 so far. But he sucks, right? (For those of you getting tired of my sarcasm re: Trot sucking, please know that I will continue to do this until the Nixon poo-pooers apologize publicly. Which basically translates into forever. Sox fans are stubborn as hell about their opinions. Rarely do they stand corrected. I, myself, am no exception. Although, I did come around to David Wells last year. Remember? Anyway, that's not the point. I adore Trot Nixon and that ain't changing.)

By the way, I love the phrase "authentic replica jersey."

If you are going to tomorrow's make up game, like me, don't forget to bring the white cotton socks for the homeless!

Lastly, RJ is having another stinker of an outing for the Yanks.

2 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I too have always known how valuable Trot is to our team. And to all those poo poo-ers, I point out his value when I can. He has been clutch lately, and Fenway's tough right field? He's got it covered!

 
At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The shame is - no one ever ackowledges this. It's like his productivity is invisible to a lot of people. I don't get it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home