Monday, June 19, 2006

Not a Bad Start to Interleague Play

That game was Looney Tunes City! I missed the "explosive" 8th inning. I also missed Seanez give up a 3-run-homer (thank heavens). Of course, it sucks that Seanez gets the W (ridiculous reward for shitty pitching), but what can you do? Curt was great last night - and I am amused watching him hit. It's so surreal to see him standing on the 1st base bag. I'm sure this isn't weird for him, since he's spent most of his career in the NL, but still. I think Seanez needs a nickname. See me blow this-nez? Okay, you guys take a stab. Clearly, I've got nothin.

Sweeping the Braves kind of cancels out getting swept by the Twins. I hope they keep Lester in the starting rotation and I also hope that they rely on Decarmen more than Seanez and Tavarez. I think, with a little more major league work, this guy could be a key part of our bullpen. We still need more reliable relief pitchers as well as an answer for Clement, if he continues on this path, but I'm sure that Theo is hard at work on this. He'd better be.

So, the Sox are home tonight to face the team that just took 2 out of 3 with our division rivals. Stink bomb RJ pitches tonight against Myers in Cheese Steak, Cheese Steak, Cheese Steak. Let the Liberty Bell ring!

Ah, I love being back in first place.

2 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Rudy getting the win? That's like crashing your car into a tree and the bark that is burned by the hot engine crystalizes into a new life-saving compound, saving millions of life but destoying yours. My goodness. Now if 22 plus ERA Snyder can get us through 5, guess what"? The bullpen again. Catch-22. Take care WCG

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Synder. What has this world come to?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home