Thursday, July 21, 2005

The Fireworks Are Lame

I really think the fireworks are over the top. Honestly. Imagine if we had some crazy circus number every time there was a Red Sox homer at Fenway. Or if balloons and confetti were launched from Hood blimp or something. It's very triple A. Like that Comerica tiger roar I hate. It's like mocking the opponent or whatever.

So, Mo and I came up with a good idea (speaking of childish). We were discussing that Sesame Street skit I love with Grover as the waiter (I blogged about it in my old cyber crib) and how much the blue faced puppet with the mustache looks like Remy.



So, wouldn't it be cool if they (I don' t know, the muppet makers) created Rem and Don muppets that could spend a night or a portion of the night in the booth, mouthing along to the actual commentary? I'm thinking that this would only be appropriate during one of those pointless end of September games, when we've already clinched the title and we're just playing for fun. And then, maybe the actual Wally could come in, too, and it would be a muppet extravaganza. They could easily use the Janice muppet (guitar player from The Muppet Show) as Michelle Damon, like if they *enhance* her a bit. Renteria also has a sort of muppet-like face and Clement definitely does, so, like Michelle, they wouldn't have to dig around much too find some muppet look-alikes in the warehouse. That's a job that would give me great satisfaction. I think I will volunteer.

So, we just took the lead. 5-4. Cool.

9 Comments:

At 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is like the best idea ever.

 
At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fireworks after Tchaikovsky last night were good. And it didn't rain at all this time!!!

-PD

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Maybe I'll do the research and find the muppets that match the Red Sox and those affiliated with the Red Sox. More pointless activities for me ... yay!

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Jere said...

Good call on Renteria. He looks like basically any muppet with the closed mouth, blank expression. I imagine when they had a roomful of muppet proto-types, before they added features to them, they all looked like Edgar.

 
At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe there is more of a (be)witched connection here than meets the eye:

Remy as Mr. Whipple:
http://www.harpiesbizarre.com/dickwilson.htm

Although the muppet comparison is fantastic.

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Jere said...

Witch City Sox Girl:
I try six-cow glitch.

 
At 1:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, John W. Henry has a kind of creepy marionette look about him, which would provide sort of an interesting angle. Especially if he came complete with the Stetson.

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Kim said...

John Henry is a living caracature of himself. If I had to turn him into a muppet, I would start with beaker, but with much smaller eyes.

Mr. Whipple is more like Mr. Hooper, I think. But with Rem, it's easy to find a base look alike due to the mustache.

 
At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

O-Cab definitely had some Muppet-like qualities.

Shonda Schilling has some Miss Piggy qualities. No offense intended; I love the Divine Swine!

This would make Curt Schilling Capt. Link Hogthrob. Not sure who Dr. Julius Strangepork could be. Maybe Bill Morgan, MD?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home