Monday, October 17, 2005

I Do Love Halloween

As we inch our way toward Halloween, I've decided to post occasional pics from 'weens past.

Today's photo is from 1992. Ever since I was a wee lass, I've been a KISS fan. My dad gave me his very own copy of Double Platinum and I wore the sucker out by the time I was eleven. I was especially fond of God of Thunder, although Calling Dr. Love was a close second. And what do these 2 songs have in common? The lead vocal is performed by one of my idols, Gene Simmons.



The make up wasn't as tough to do as I thought it was going to be, but I failed to add the black flames (flame shadows?) to the under part of my eye. My friend Lynanne and I went to a party in Malden that year, and I got a few nods and a Hey Gene! here and there on the subway. This costume was so fun, I am considering being Paul Stanley in the not-so-distant future.

2 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I correct in recognizing this photo??? As bad as my memory can be...did I also attend this party in Malden, gulp, 13 years ago??
Long live KISS...

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Kim said...

I do believe that you were there. On another occasion, Stacia and I went to a party at this same apartment and broke stuff in the bathroom unintentionally. Ask her about that. We almost peed ourselves over the fragility of their towl dowl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home