Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Round 1



Ok, so that really stung. I guess we learned that Matt isn't ready for these big games. At least not this year. I love the dude, but that was devastating. And Millar - what a disappointment today. That was horrible base running. I understand why Tito went with him (as you know, his record against Contreras is pretty good, but I am guessing that this was BEFORE he found his 2 seam fastball action that put us away this afternoon), but way to give a gift out to the White Sox, Kevin. Honestly, I don't know if Olerud would have fared better. Contreras was just so damn impressive today. At least the game is over and we've got stronger starters going in the games ahead.

It is only one game, and so long as mlb doesn't institute the gap penalty during the '05 playoffs, we can just shake it off and look forward to tomorrow. Also, we should have better luck in the evening slot. I am convinced that these weird 4:00 starts doom us.

And why am I torturing myself with Buck and McCarver right now? Blah blah blah, A-Rod for MVP, blah blah blah. (Mrs. Joey - are you throwing bricks at your TV tonight? Hopefully, you aren't torturing yourself with the Yankee game).

4 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, no bricks. I'm not watching the yanks - Mr. Joey is. But I do have to say that Boomer & Sutcliffe (sp?) did an acceptable and unbiased job for ESPN. We would have had on weei if Jon Miller & Joe Morgan did the Sox game.

We're both pretty calm - one game means nothing. And no way do they come out & score that much again, anyway. We'll see a better game tomorrow night. But my guts are still in knots. I won't relax until it's all over.

still half full - Mrs. Joey

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Kim said...

True. So true. Things always look better the next day. Let's go, Wells!

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

I don't think it's the big-game factor with Mattie at all; his is a different kind of fear. Hopefully he'll get that stuff sorted out in the off-season, but he may as well not be on the roster at all right now if that's what he's going to be doing on the rubber. I bet Bronson's back in the rotation... if it swings around again.

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Yep. I think it's Bronson going in his place. The only problem with that is, you remove him from the pen, you weaken it. It'll be interesting to see what Tito does. We've got a few dual role pitchers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home