Monday, November 14, 2005

Damn

It's like getting kicked in the gut after slipping on a piece of ice at the foot of the bus thus becoming the brunt of all jokes - wait, that really happened to me. 9th grade. Well, except for the kicking part. Anyway. It really stinks - this losing out to A-Rod business. It's like the knock out punch. Does anyone know CPR?

Papi will always be the real MVP to me. At the end of the day, pitchers would probably rather face A-Rod than David, and I think having that edge is more important than the MVP award. Although it would have been a nice consolation prize.



That's right, David, show A-Rod your dazzling bling.

3 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very upset about this slight to Papi, but I am comforted in my belief that I'm probably more upset than Papi himself. For him, baseball is about the team, not the player, and for that I think he may even be grateful he was not singled out because he truly feels without the other guys he wouldn't be who he is. But I think these baseball writers who vote on this have absolutely no clue as to what the true criteria of being "Most Valuable" is.
Let's just remember the world series scoreboard:
Papi 1, A-Rod 0
Conventional wisdom would say that A-Rod would gladly trade his MVP for a WS ring, but then again it's A-Rod so probably the individual award is more important!

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Kim said...

So true, Joey. You are a wise greyhound.

 
At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

..thank you. not to mention that I have a tongue about the same size as Gene Simmons' tongue!
-joey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home