Saturday, January 07, 2006

The Original King of Beers: Dawson's Master Ale

Did you know that back in the 30's and 40's, this crazy beer was brewed in New Bedford, my home city/town? Check out the insane packaging.



The top of the can sort of reminds me of a rubber cement container. Nothing about this branding makes me want to drink a beer.

Imagine if Dawson's had somehow managed to stick around? Metallica could have cashed in, big time, on the commericals:

Taste me you will see
More is all you need
You’re dedicated to
How I’m killing you

Come crawling faster
Obey your master
Your life burns faster
Obey your master
Master!

7 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Blogger Jere said...

Hey, last night, me, Chan, and Brian were walking back to my apartment, and we saw a playing card on the ground:

The king of diamonds!!!!

Then I woke up today and flipped on your blog to see it staring at me once again.

Weird.

We were coming back from seeing a Hitchcock movie, so...

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Wacko!

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Which Hitch movie, he wonders...........

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Jere said...

Vertigo is Witch Hitch.

 
At 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, vertigo, i'll say no more and that's all i'm saying. when are we going to open the new dawson brewery, moby?

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Kim said...

As soon as you and I build it, Mo. Maybe we should merge "Dino's" (the old Red Sox bar we were going to open, in which 'The Boys are Back in Town" by Thin Lizzy would be the only free song on the juke box) and Nueu Dawson's. Neue Paige. Your call.

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger junebee said...

Mmmm...Metallica

 

Post a Comment

<< Home