Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Keep On Truckin'

Route 2 appears to be a haven for interesting trucks. I saw a truck this morning adorned with the following logo:



Unfortunately, I couldn't grab my camera in time to take the picture. The back of the truck, though, was a work of art. There was a picture of a house on a hill, very cartoon-like, nearly busting at the seams. To the side of the house was this:



In other words, the sign painter chose to use pictorial narrative to get the point across. You know, that Sewerman 'saves the day.'

I really appreciate the red boots.



The color and style add a kind of whimsy to sewer cleaning. But make no mistake, Sewerman is all business. This is evident in the way he looks down - stern, determined.



Poor Sewerman has a deformity of the hand - I'm guessing from overexposure to toxic waste. Yet, still, he presses on. Nothing short of admirable. I think we ought to call the Fab Five for a makeover. The Arnold Horshack hair has got to go. I'll bet that he was modeled after the Greatest American Hero, and styled with a dash of R. Crumb.

8 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Any spare dry ice? Just kidding. I did finally learn how to put up my Sox blog links, and you're there, of course. Can you help me out and put mine up in your listings? It's so awkward for me to ask, but it would help me out. Thanks, and I'll always be an everydayer here.

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Kim said...

All set, Peter! I got Baseball Heavy's link in there, too. That's one worth checking in on, too, but she doesn't allow comments.

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Amazing thank you !

 
At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sox Girl. Just had a funny blurb to tell you about , in the sub standard-times this Psychic gives his predictions for the Patriot's and the Red Sox . States even though the Patriot's will make the playoffs things will be very disappointing, and that the great minds in the front office of the Sox will come through with a brilliant team and that we will go on to achieve great success just thought I'd get your opinion on that one!!! Jijax AKA Mom

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Hey mom - Since football is my 3rd favorite sport (possibly 4th), I don't care a heck of a lot about the fate of the Pats. I hope the psychic was right about the Sox, though. I would love a "you think we're fumbling, but, in actuality, we are total geniuses" type deal.

 
At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, if there's one thing Sewer Man knows how to do is take care of business. You're going to have to install one of those cameras on your dashboard like the police, you know? So you can be sure to get photos of these crazy trucks.

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Sewer Man looks stictly '70s, complete with the haircut and upper lip hair. What a guy!

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Peter - He is so totally 70s, it's scary. He's got the crazy Johnny Bravo hair and the Mr. Kotter/Barney Miller/Schneider mustache.

Mo - Don't tempt me. I might just invest in one of those. I tried to snap a pic this morning of a truck with "Jack's Links" painted on the side. It was done in cursive and the lines were actually links and links of sausage strung together. Very clever. There various uses of beef jerky pictured to the right of the lettering. It was brilliant, but, again, I fumbled with my camera.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home