Friday, December 16, 2005

iTunes Store Evidently Does Not Want to Sell AC/DC

I am becoming an iTunes store addict. No, seriously. I don't really see this as a huge problem. What I do see as a huge problem, though, is that the iTunes Music Store has no AC/DC. Nothin. Yeah, sure, they've got the stupid tribute album and whatnot, but what I want is some good old fashioned "Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution" and maybe a little "For Those About to Rock, We Salute You."

I was able to purchase "Let It Go," by Def Leppard. Go figure.

Let's get it together, iTunes Store people.

4 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Blogger Jere said...

That's amazing, because two nights ago, Chan told me the same thing. (Only he pronounces AC/DC with the accent on the second C, like, say, well, I don't know how to spell it, but it's French: j'ne se QUA. aseedeeSEE.) It came up because we heard Back in Black on some iPod commercial (how they sold the rights to a song about their dead friend for some shitty commercial, I don't know).

I wasn't surprised, as that crappy iStore almost consistently doesn't have the song I'm looking for. Chan also said there's no Beatles on there.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

I have the LP, and you can have it. My AC/DC days are over. You'll need a specialty item to play it though- a turntable! Have a great weekend and I'm hoping once in a while you check in on my blog...it's just a baby! Toilet trained though!

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

There's NO Beatles because of ongoing litigation Jere. Tell Chan this-when Mac named their computer Apple, it guaranteed the Beatles company Apple Corp. that it would never branch into music. The Beatles agreed. On came iTunes. End of story. On with lawyers guns and money. Zevon comes out of me sometimes.

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Jere - I can't believe that there aren't any Beatles songs. And, Peter, thanks for the explanation. I'm not much of a Beatles fan, so I didn't know about this. Also, thanks for your kind offer with the AC/DC album, but I got rid of my record player the day I said goodbye to leg warmers and hello to parachute pants. (Also, I do visit your blog sometimes - glad you are enjoying your own cyber crib!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home