Friday, December 16, 2005

What's the Word on the Street?

You know, when I came on board here over 3 years ago, I had to sign a confidentiality agreement. Additionally, I was told that I need to be incredibly discreet in my communications, as I work with multiple clients. If we have clients visiting, we are told to hide all evidence of other clients as much as humanly possible. While I think this can be overkill, there are good reasons behind the requests for secrecy. So I respect the policy.

Given this, I totally don't understand how things leak out of the Red Sox organization.

Sources say this, sources say that. Who are these sources, and why are they allowed to let these things escape? Actually, are they allowed to seep information out?

It's very confusing for the fan, because the so-called sources are hiding under lone ranger masks. Do they get something in return for the information? How does this work? I doubt that the source has to be that credible for the press, since most of the information I've been reading in "The Buzz" and on ProSports Daily's MLB Rumors is contradictory.

On a different note, here are some fun sound waves.

2 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Blogger Jere said...

The key is to never believe anything not attributed to a real person with a name. If dirtdog and the like (almost every newspaper reporter) would stop basing entire articles on the words of "a person familiar with the situation," we all would have a lot less unnecessary worries.

Seriously, if I ran a team or business or whatever, or even if I didn't, and someone quoted "a person close to" me, I'd go around to everyone I knew and find out who talked behind my back anonymously and fire them. I don't get why this doesn't happen, unless they are purposely "leaked."

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Could be purposeful leakage. You know, to throw us off the tracks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home