Friday, December 16, 2005

Desperate, and Serious?

Evidently NESN is so desperate, they've actually posted a video on boston.com (or maybe it's reciprocal and boston.com is this desperate - not sure) entitled Lucchino Tired of Epstein Questions.. This is somehow newsworthy. Like sands in the hourglass, so are the days of our Red Sox lives.

Kara (aka Mo), sent me this image today which made me laugh.



During college, I worked in a high-end toy/novelty store in the Copley Mall. It was hell. My boss was a racist (often ordering us to "watch" non-white customers) and my paycheck was a joke. One of the least pleasant tasks of the job was "glorified babysitting." Wealthy parents would often deposit their children in our store to play. We had to smile and wait patiently for their parents to return, while the kids knocked everything off the shelves. Most of the time, the parents didn't buy anything. The store went out of business, mercifully. I had long since quit by then, but I did eventually benefit from the mall's decision to let them go. They used the extra real estate to expand the bookstore.

1 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thank you for the next header for my blog...fans unite in abhorrance of any and all things to do with LL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home