Monday, December 19, 2005

Slippery Reporting

From yesterday's NY Daily News (excerpt from Heyman article):

Meanwhile, the Yankees, who haven't furthered Damon negotiations in recent days, privately worry that Henry will save the day and lure Damon back home.

This is the weirdest statement. First of all, I am still mystified by these so-called sources. Who is going to speak to a reporter and say "we are all privately worried here." Total nonsense. Also, if this were true, and the Yankees were all sitting around sweating bullets, why would they let things sit idle for days? Wouldn't they be trying hard to make a deal? Here's what I think: Heyman is conspiring with the Yankees and he is doing his part to jack up Damon's perceived value in hopes that the Red Sox will eventually overpay him. I can't figure any other reason behind that sentence. It's jerky and will likely prove to be ineffective.

Quasi-related: I am so glad that Garciaparra signed with the Dodgers, AKA Red Sox West. Red (Sox) Rover, Red (Sox) Rover send Nomar right over!

2 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Everything I hear about Johnny Damon these days, I swear, is just Boras somehow jacking up his price. I do not doubt the all-seeing eye of the SB.

Either that or lack of sleep has made me paranoid.

Maybe both!

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

I'm getting tired of the guy Boraxo. Every off season peddling pennies and making them look like rare silver dollars.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home