Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Idoits Rule - If You're a Yankee Fan

This one totally blind-sided me. I really just assumed that Boras was doing the evil agent money cha-cha, making us all sweat bullets in the process. I even thought to myself: I will not panic about all this. Johnny would and could never sign with the Yankees. He's using them to get a better deal with the Sox. I figured that we'd have to wait until January before the deal was done, but that he'd still be in Boston.

I don't mean to be all nostalgic about it, but where is the loyalty? Why do I even watch the game? Here's an idea: In the middle of all major league baseball games, from now on, all the players put on the other team's jerseys and change sides, right then and there. Or, All Red Sox fans attending the same game at Fenway should unanimously decide that they are going to wear San Diego Padres shirts to the park. Would it be funny if all the vendors in and around Fenway only carried Seattle Mariners stuff for a week? I suppose that would be a slight to the good guys on our team. You know, all three of them.

When things like this happen, I just have to scratch my head. I wonder why I care so much about this stupid team. I heard that Boras might not have given the Sox an opportunity to counter-offer, but I bet he did and the Sox stood firm. So, either the Red Sox front office is a train wreck or they are brilliant. We'll know after we see Johnny's numbers for the year. Maybe Damon's resilience will finally catch up with him and he'll start to break down. Maybe the Red Sox will snag Crisp. The irony really is the fact that Manny is still in a Boston uniform and everyone we thought would be solid in '06 is gone. Hopefully, there's still some magic left in the Red Sox budget and we'll sign another big gun or two. One thing is certain - Johnny Damon: You are dead to me. Oh, and you're a dick. Yeah, I said it.

For now, I'm going to concentrate on the silver lining: Michelle and her weird boobs are out of my city.

4 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I just thought all New England teams would share a shred of consistency when it came to 'player/front office' relations.
I realize that football and baseball are WORLDS apart...but it does come down to relationships and where your loyalties lie. Let me see if I can get Robert Kraft to buy the Red Sox.

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

I'll take those boobs in center field anytime, but it would just slow Johnny down from those long strolls to the wall in pursuit of a log fly to left center.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Oh, and Steve, before you know it they'll be playing in Hartford with a new stadium if you want to involve "Mr. Say one thing and do another" himself, Robert Kraft.

 
At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just going to start following the PawSox.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home