Monday, February 27, 2006

First Woman Inducted ... EVAH

Effa Manley made it in.

Won't you take me to (dee la dee) Cooperstown? Won't you take me to (dee la dee) Cooperstown?

When I saw the headline on Yahoo! news (First Woman Elected to Baseball Hall of Fame), I got really excited. For a split second, I naively thought that it might be a player. I know, I know. Maybe someday they'll revive the popularity of the old women's league and it'll take off and become really serious. Or maybe monkeys might fly out of my butt.

5 Comments:

At 10:11 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Isn't that sweet!

 
At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How come you haven't commented on Mr. Knott's passing and all his contributions to baseball? Huh?

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Kim said...

I know, I know, I haven't written anything about the late, great Don Knotts. I was thinking of you and Liz, though, when I heard about his passing.

 
At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I am going to suggest "Effa" as a girl's name for my sister's baby-to-be

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Kim said...

It would be fun to say.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home