Sunday, April 09, 2006

Cotton Eye Joe is Heard for the First Time This Year

Or is it Cotton Eyed Joe? Is there a hyphen in there somewhere?

So weird to see Halama AKA Sam the Eagle relieving for the O's. It's the top of the 7th and Timlin is warming up in the pen, but Wake is on fire. He could go well into the 8th.

Bard was very good today. Whatever adjustment he made worked. Still, that's a crazy catcher's mask.

I hate these 1:35 games. I can't really get a heck of a lot done before them, and if I sit through the entire game, I have to hurry like crazy to get things done before stores and laudromats close. Eh, that's life during baseball season.

7 Comments:

At 9:20 PM, Blogger Jere said...

I don't get it. Why was it heard? There was no seventh-inning stretch at yankee Stadium today. I've think we've confused each other about this before...

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Kim said...

They played it at Camden Yards. I'm quite certain of it. I was doh-see-dohing in my mind.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Jere said...

I guess that's further proof of my "Yankee Park at Camden Yards" theory.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Tell me more about this.

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Jere said...

Here's a post I did about it two years and four days ago: http://letsgosox.blogspot.com/2004/04/orioles-yankees-lite.html

And I didn't even mention the Babe Ruth statue!

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Jere said...

http://letsgosox.blogspot.com/2004/04/
orioles-yankees-lite.html

There it is again, broken into 2 lines so it will fit.

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Wow, I was oblivious. My Orioles fan buddy in Philly hates the Yankees as much as we do. And the last time I went to Camden Yards, an O's fan dad with his daughter said, "I hope you lose today," but then followed it up with, "We root for you against any other opponent!"

Could it be that they do all this Yankee bonding when the Sox fans are in town only? Maybe they project Sox bonding when the Yankees fans come to Camden Yards.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home