Thursday, November 17, 2005

Stop the Insanity (Before It's Too Late)

Well, I wonder how long Theo and Larry/John are going to flounder around and pretend that they don't need each other. It's getting pretty silly now, with Theo talking to Japan about baseball consulting and whatnot. Also, Larry/John are doing a poor job veiling their knowledge of the fact that although there are options available out there, no one is better for the Red Sox than Theo Epstein. And as far as I know, he is still available.

I think that Larry and John are setting a new record for stubbornness, and they are doing it at the expense of the organization and its fans. I don't know what Theo's conditions were before he made the ultimate choice to leave, but I am sure they weren't unreasonable and hey - where the hell are John Henry's balls, huh? Would Steinbrenner sit back and let everything collapse like this? No. No, he would not. And I'm not saying that I prefer the Steinbrenner way of doing things, but come on, Henry! These are not times to be dreamy and contemplative! Go out there and get your GM back! POST-FREAKING-HASTE.

Ok, I know I said that I was going to move on and all. And I would totally do it if I thought that each of the two recently separated parties were coasting through to brighter horizons. They aren't, and it's foolish. Enough already. It isn't too late.

4 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Blogger Jere said...

Be careful when digging in Micmac burial grounds. Ayuh.

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Ok, ok, ok, I get it. Pet Semetary and all. (Side bar: Did you know that if you are eating crunch berries and you drink ginger ale at the same time, it gets all fuzzy and foamy? Like an explosion. Which reminds me of that episode of the Brady Bunch where Peter makes the volcano and the mud goes everywhere ... wow, lots of tangents for WCSG these days.)

But still. I think it's ridiculous. And now we all lose out. And maybe I'm just thinking like a little girl on the playground, but I just think it's a terrible shame that things couldn't be worked out. And the message it sends to the rest of the potential GM candidates in the world is: Geesh, if a level-headed, bright guy like Theo can't work there anymore, why the hell would I want to?

Nice.

 
At 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why not throw in a Chicano family while your at it? They did live in Cali, no? How about my Jewish homeys representing? Perhaps cousin Oliver could have been Jewish. It would have thrilled me to tears to see Mr. Brady hammering a mezuzah to the front of his door to honor their pint-sized hebrew border. MAZEL!

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Kim said...

I know, it was so unbelievably white and heterosexual, but I had my suspicions about Alice's twin sister in the army. What would have been cool is if the dude that left Marcia hanging was actually dumping her for a black girl or a latina. Sorry Marcia, something suddenly came up.

Oh man, it would have been so awesome if Oliver was Jewish and totally out with it, yarmulke and everything. Sam BAM the Butcher. Holy shit, that's hysterical. Guess who's coming to dinner, Mrs. Brady!

I remember that race was addressed on an episode of Happy Days once. There was a black couple that Richie and his girlfriend started hanging out with and everyone sort of shunned him because of it. I think even Potsy and Ralph Malph! What the ef?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home