Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Hump Day Mishigas

First and foremost - my KISS checks arrived yesterday. And they kick butt. Finally, I can pay those parking tickets. You know I was chomping at the bit to do that.

Secondly, you have to check out Jere's take on the Hanley Ramirez trade. I'm sort of jealous that I didn't come up with this myself. That's because he's wicked smaht and I'm just silly. At first, I have to admit that I was a little apprehensive about the deal - you know, the whole giving up of TWO+ prospects instead of one thing, but starting pitching is so important to our club, I got over it pretty quick.

Now my attention has shifted to what's going to happen with Manny and how the hell we are going to make up for the big hole in home runs and RBIs without his almighty bat.

In an interview with Papi on Monday, he went on the record with the following:

Manny is not returning to Boston ... Manny lives a difficult situation that only he and his family know about, and he does not want to play there ... I spoke with him last week before he left for Brazil and he told me that he wants to go to a team in the West.

The Angels. To join the beloved O.C., the talented Chone Figgins, the coveted Guerrero and Colon (and who can forget Peter Brady looka-like, Lackey?). Who wouldn't want that? I'd put up with Scioscia and his Rush Limbaugh face for this. I am curious, though, to see how front office is going to deal with the massive no-more-Manny abyss. We'd better get something unbelievably good for this. I hope we aren't all left sitting around the day of the trade going, "Who did we get? Who are they?"

Celtics are stinking up the town. Crap loss to Cleveland last night. They play Atlanta tonight. While the entire country travels.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving, folks. Try not to be too distracted by all the radio stations pushing holiday music much too soon. I don't want to hear the Hanukkah song yet! Alice's Restaurant comes first. What's the deal with all festivities slowly inching their way backwards on the calendar, year after year? Did they think we wouldn't take notice?

5 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, Arlo Guthrie playing at Smith College in the fall of '69. Good Western Mass. memory. Thanks, dear.

PD

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Kim said...

I bet all the "dopers" were there. Hee, hee.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

And a Happy and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, WCSG. Manny will be Manny elsewhere, but I'll follow his at bats during the season like an eagle. Now we need someone to hit behind him. See ya.

 
At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was helping with security. Only had to ask a few people to put out their "smokes."

Brad says the trade is a good thing and wants in on Sox at Phillies game in May.

PD

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Sure - PD. The more the merrier.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home